Driving is hands down the most dangerous thing I do on a daily basis. It requires concentration, experience and a good reaction time but even then accidents can happen. Every time I get on the road is a unique experience. I sometimes lose faith in humanity by the randomness and seemingly chaotic nature of others driving but no one is perfect. I believe that every specific situation requires a specific action. It seems like to only way to know the right action is by trying and seeing the result. Your first experience with braking on ice will usually end you up in the ditch but you will learn your lesson. To pass my driving test I followed the rules of the road to the letter but once I had my license, a whole new style of driving appeared. It might have happened because I become lazy or I picked up bad habits. However, I believe it happened because I realized that following the rules of the road does not matter if you get into a crash and die. The rules of the road are not more important...
It sometimes feels like forever since I started to learn how to cook and it has changed my life for the better ever since. My two favourite meals are fajitas and spaghetti bolognese and when I began to learn how to cook I promised myself I would not stop until I could make them. Times have changed and now I can cook and bake and I use nearly everything in my kitchen. It is a great stress reliever and I see it as a form of art. When I started to learn to cook, I primarily used recipes that people gave me. For new meals that I wanted to explore myself I would use the BBC food website. This website contains thousands of recipes done by professional chefs, however they think you have around 4 hours to prepare your meal. No one has this kind of time and I would certainly not use it on a daily activity like dinner. This does not mean you just suddenly give up and resort to ready made meals in the microwave. I sifted through all the advice and I found my own style of cooking. It is a long r...
Before I begin, I would just like to say that I appreciate the diversity that we can create within society. I also respect revolutionists who go against the norm and love to question everything, for example vegetarians. This, however, means that I will judge you almost immediately for your decisions to see how strong willed and opinionated you are. Now onto the juicy stuff. Seems to me that these vegetarians think that by not eating meat, then no one will kill any animals for them. This is true of course but at what cost? If we were all vegetarians then no one would want to farm animals. Farmers would then have to farm something that people want. Just think of all the cows and pigs that will never be born and never graze and have a happy long life. This is clearly a supply and demand situation. Consumers want to eat the energy-rich delicious meat of animals, farmers are happy to raise and sell these beautiful animals and animal rights activists are happy at the way they are treated. Ca...
Comments
Post a Comment